Engineering Technician (R&D Engineering Technician)
Rudolph Technologies, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the design, development, manufacture and support of process control equipment and data analysis systems and software used by microelectronic device manufacturers worldwide. We are seeking a highly skilled, experienced, electro-mechanical technician to support prototype component assembly, new product assembly, construction of test fixtures, system upgrades, system maintenance, test execution and data collection. You will contribute directly to the successful development of new, large-area, precision photolithographic equipment.
Experience with, and an understanding of, complex, software-controlled, industrial-manufacturing capital equipment is required. Work experience with semiconductor equipment preferred, with knowledge of lithography being a big plus. Experience operating and troubleshooting at the system level and diagnosing at the component level is also required. A working understanding of software controls is essential.
· Work closely with product engineers to support R&D engineering projects
· Perform qualification testing, document test results, and write comprehensive reports to document performance of new sub-assemblies
· Support assembly and integration of beta systems and first article builds.
· Using engineering drawings and guidance from the lead engineer, assemble, test, and deliver operational test fixtures and prototype electro-mechanical assemblies
· Install prototype assemblies on an existing systems for test and evaluation, ensuring that the assembly is properly installed and wired
· Test, evaluate, troubleshoot and diagnose electronic and electro-mechanical issues at the system and component level
· Develop proficiency in operating lithography equipment
· Make measurements, perform tests, collect and tabulate data as required by the lead engineer
· Meet assigned project schedules
· Use various diagnostic equipment such as volt meters, oscilloscopes and precision mechanical measuring devices
· Maintain rigorous lab notes and communicate findings clearly
· May be required to travel to evaluate issues in the field, assist in escalations from product support or perform testing at customer sites as required
Required Skills and Experience:
We are not currently accepting agency submissions for this position.